Case study

Scand J Work Environ Health 2002;28(3):205-207    pdf | Issue date: Jun 2002

Inhalation of decomposed chlorodifluoromethane (freon-22) and myocardial infarction

by Sjögren B, Gunnare S, Sandler H

After exposure to decomposed chlorodifluoromethane (freon-22), a 65-year-old man developed respiratory symptoms such as cough, blood-stained sputum, and increasing dyspnea. Three weeks later, his family doctor diagnosed infectious bronchitis. Another week later he died due to myocardial infarction. The discussion focuses on an inflammatory process caused by the inhalation of decomposed freon and its possible association with myocardial infarction.

This article refers to the following text of the Journal: 1999;25(1):39-41